- Holiday Splurges to Warn Your Clients Against November 22, 2017
The holidays can bring plenty of cheer but some traditions can make your job as a real estate pro tougher. Here are a few tips for your home...
- Buyers Rush to Lock in Before the Holidays November 22, 2017
Home shoppers were taking out mortgages in higher numbers last week.
- Plenty to Be Thankful for in Real Estate November 22, 2017
The housing market is facing headwinds in the coming months, but don’t overlook these key indicators that bode well for your business....
- Townhouse Market Attracting More Buyers November 22, 2017
Builders are ramping up construction on townhouses as home shoppers show renewed interest in attached single-family housing.
- ‘Underwater’ Homes Are Drying Up November 22, 2017
The number of homeowners who owe more on their houses than the properties are worth has plunged by more than 1.4 million in the past...
- 6 Tricks to Curb Holiday Snacking November 22, 2017
It’s that time of year when everyone feels the need to share delicious treats, especially at work. These techniques can help you stay...
- 7 habits of highly effective real estate agents November 22, 2017
Some of the seven habits of highly effective real estate pros include expanding their network, staying top-of-mind with leads and generating referrals.
- Florida Realtors gives thanks November 21, 2017
On Thursday and Friday, Florida Realtors' offices will be closed for Thanksgiving. Florida Realtors News, the Tech Helpline and Legal Hotline will return on Monday.
- Brokers: Leverage your influence to help shape policy November 21, 2017
NAR's Broker Involvement Program: Agents are 5 times more likely to respond to a legislative CFA from their broker. Ask agents to join NAR's Call for Action today.
- Empty nesters are lured to apartment life November 21, 2017
Multifamily developers are focusing on baby boomers now rather than millennials. Between 2009-2015, the number of renters older than 55 increased by 28% or 2.5M.
- U.S. existing-home sales grow 2% in Oct. from Sept. November 21, 2017
NAR: It's the strongest pace since June, but continual supply shortages led to fewer closings year-over-year for the second straight month – 0.9% below Oct. 2016.
- Hurricanes shed light on inadequate insurance November 21, 2017
Officials reported only 15% of the 1.6M homes in Houston had flood insurance, while FEMA noted that, in Fla.'s coastal counties, 42% of homes have flood insurance.
- Fla.'s home sales, median prices rise in October November 21, 2017
Florida Realtors data: Hurricane Irma's impact on state's housing market resolved by month's end. Single-family sales up 2% over a year ago, median price up 7.1%. Condo sales up 2.2%, median price up 5.2% over Oct. 2016.
- More vets, military members using VA loans for homes November 21, 2017
Because of the program's affordability, a total of 740K VA loans were made last year – a record for a single year and up more than 300K from three years ago.
- Escrow scams have grown by $950M in 2017 November 20, 2017
Technology has made real estate transactions quicker and more vulnerable to hackers and escrow scams. Tech security training, policies can help reduce the risks.
- Tips to prepare your budget before buying a home November 20, 2017
Income and expenses should be reviewed before buyers ever begin house-hunting. Property taxes, insurance and maintenance fees are other costs to consider.