- Home Prices Jump 6.2 Percent in Second Quarter; Eclipse 2016 High
WASHINGTON (August 16, 2017) — The headstrong supply and demand imbalances in much of the country slightly tempered the pace of sales and caused home prices to maintain their robust growth in the second quarter, according to the latest quarterly report by the National Association of Realtors®. The national median existing single-family home price in […]
- Realtors® Report Finds 11 Percent Increase in Commercial Member Income, 19 Percent Increase in Sales Transaction Volume
WASHINGTON (August 2, 2017) – Commercial real estate markets continue to improve, with Realtors® specializing in commercial real estate reporting both an increase in member’s gross income and sales volume, according to the National Association of Realtors® 2017 Commercial Member Profile. The annual study's results represent Realtors®, members of NAR, who conduct all or part […]
- Pending Home Sales Recover in June, Grow 1.5 Percent
WASHINGTON (July 31, 2017) — After declining for three straight months, pending home sales reversed course in June as all major regions, except for the Midwest, saw an increase in contract activity, according to the National Association of Realtors®. The Pending Home Sales Index*, www.nar.realtor/topics/pending-home-sales, a forward-looking indicator based on contract signings, climbed 1.5 percent to […]
- Existing-Home Sales Retreat 1.8 Percent in June
WASHINGTON (July 24, 2017) — Existing-home sales slipped in June as low supply kept homes selling at a near record pace but ultimately ended up muting overall activity, according to the National Association of Realtors®. Only the Midwest saw an increase in sales last month. Total existing-home sales1, https://www.nar.realtor/topics/existing-home-sales, which are completed transactions that include […]
- Realtors®, House Financial Services Committee Reach Agreement to Move Key Flood Insurance Legislation Forward
WASHINGTON (July 20, 2017) – The National Association of Realtors® today said that significant improvements to the “21st Century Flood Reform Act,” key legislation aimed at strengthening and reauthorizing the National Flood Insurance Program, have cleared the way for endorsement of the bill. Among the changes, Realtors® support the House Financial Services Committee’s commitment to retaining […]
- Buyers Want Bigger Yards Over Bigger Homes August 17, 2017
Home shoppers say they’re willing to make big sacrifices in order to get a property with a great outdoor space, according to a new survey....
- New Home Inventory at 20-Year Low August 17, 2017
Builders failed to ramp up inventories last month, despite increasing demand from home buyers and calls from the real estate industry.
- Report: 1 in 4 Homes Now Equity Rich August 17, 2017
A new report from ATTOM Data Solutions found that more than 14 million U.S. properties were considered equity rich at the end of the...
- Century 21 Names New CEO August 17, 2017
Former Zillow exec Nick Bailey is taking the reins of the franchise giant.
- Lower Rates Not Swaying Borrowers August 17, 2017
Mortgage rates dropped to an eight-month low last week, but home buyers still didn’t budge.
- Is Your Smartphone’s Security Working? August 17, 2017
Security capabilities are already built into iPhone and Android devices. Make sure your phone’s protective software is on and guarded...
- Florida Realtors honors Matey Veissi as 2017 Realtor of the Year August 17, 2017
Matey Veissi, 2016 president, is 2017 Realtor of the Year; Connie Johnson is Associate Realtor of the Year – awards were given out yesterday at the convention.
- Average mortgage rates edge lower: 30-year at 3.89% August 17, 2017
The FRM rate is down marginally from last week's 3.9%, though still higher than a year ago when it averaged 3.65%. However, despite low rates, the housing market remains hampered by tight mortgage credit standards.
- Florida Realtors names 2017 Legislators of the Year August 17, 2017
The award honors lawmakers who promoted vital real estate issues, including the estoppel fee cap, business-rent tax cut and a proposed constitutional amendment.
- U.S. tax proposals anger Realtors, charities, builders August 17, 2017
Current proposals would negate tax write-offs for many Americans, and that would make homeownership less valuable if the mortgage-interest deduction becomes moot.
- Study: Fewer homeowners 'seriously underwater' August 17, 2017
ATTOM: In South Florida, 13% of homeowners with a mortgage owed at least 25% more than their home's value – a decline from 17.3% only one year earlier.
- Home starts fall in July – but mainly multifamily August 16, 2017
Housing starts fell 4.8% as builders struggled to find workers, though the lion's share of that drop occurred in the multifamily component that dropped 17.1%.
- NAR: U.S. home prices jump 6.2% in 2Q August 16, 2017
It's the highest median quarterly price and a new peak thanks to supply shortages. NAR's chief economist continued to ramp up his criticism, saying there is a "glaring need" for more new construction as "would-be buyers are priced out of the market."
- What's one thing you shouldn't do to attract millennials? August 16, 2017
Answer: Call them millennials. Businesses are trying different tactics to reach this generation, but a good place to start is with a list of things not to do.
- International sales challenge: Social networking limits August 16, 2017
Connecting with Russian buyers via LinkedIn? Not anymore. The social network pulled out because Russia and other countries don't want data to leave their borders.
- More owners tapping home equity to start businesses August 16, 2017
Where do you get capital to start a business? Almost 300,000 people tapped their home equity in the latest Census Bureau study – about 7.3% of all start-ups.