- Mortgage Rates Post First Decline of 2018 March 15, 2018
Borrowers finally get some relief on loan costs after nine consecutive weeks of rate increases.
- Are You Being Spied On During Showings? March 15, 2018
Watch what you and your clients say when touring a home because some sellers are listening in via surveillance cameras.
- Closings Smoother When Loan Officers Present March 15, 2018
Your clients may want to request a loan officer to be there on closing day. It may make for a better settlement, a new study shows.
- How to Lower Utility Costs for Any Home March 15, 2018
Tell your clients that making these four small energy-efficient upgrades can save big money.
- Homeowners Keep Getting Richer and Richer March 15, 2018
Owners have gained more than $15,000 in home equity in the past year—the highest growth in four years, shows a new report.
- Help One Finalist Become a 30 Under 30 March 7, 2018
Web Choice Award voting is open now through noon CDT on Friday, March 23. Log in and "like" your favorite candidate to cast your vote....
- Feb. housing starts fell 7% after Jan. surge March 16, 2018
The construction slowdown came from a 28% plunge in multifamily building starts. Groundbreakings for single-family homes rose 2.9%.
- 5 surprising stats about buyers in NAR's latest study March 16, 2018
Millennials' home buying habits may not be all that different from their parents. A higher percentage of older generations, for example, check the internet before calling an agent – and millennials care less about virtual tours than older adults.
- Selling a home to millennials? Add plants March 16, 2018
Millennials bought 31% of house plants in 2016, and some multifamily developments are adding indoor gardens to appeal to this demographic.
- Congress' change to Dodd-Frank does little for Wall St. March 16, 2018
The final version of a bill easing financial rules under Dodd-Frank helps smaller lenders but doesn't do much for the big banks, according to Bloomberg News.
- Investors cringe as bitcoin, other crypto prices plunge March 16, 2018
Cryptocurrency's Dec. millionaires just lost a lot of money. To enter mainstream use, experts say bitcoin et al must move from "Wild West" to "serious business."
- 1M homeowners missed opportunity to refinance March 16, 2018
However, owners who didn't refinance have one less reason not to move, because any new mortgage could come with a rate similar to what they have now.
- Flood insurance expires again next Friday March 16, 2018
While Congress will likely extend the program, it might not do so by the midnight, March 23 deadline. Prepare now if buyers need flood cov https://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program/national-flood-insurance-program-reauthorization-guidance
- Mortgage rates fall for the first time this year March 15, 2018
The average rate on a 30-year FRM slipped to 4.44% from 4.46% last week due, in part, to a government report that inflation pressures may be easing.
- NAR to Congress: Make debt cancellation relief permanent March 15, 2018
Barry Grooms, a broker in Sarasota, testified to the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee that 2.5 million homeowners could face "a financial catastrophe" if they're forced to pay tax on the mortgage debts that their bank forgave.
- Few homeowners are moving – why? March 15, 2018
NAHB surveyed owners who had not moved in at least 10 years and asked why they weren't moving. The top answer? They like their current house.