- Beverly Carter’s Family Sues Her Brokerage October 16, 2017
The lawsuit alleges that Crye-Leike, the real estate company Carter worked for when she was murdered on the job in 2014, failed in its duty to...
- Lot Prices in Midwest Hit Record High October 16, 2017
Builders are paying more for new-home lots, and those expenses will be passed on to home buyers.
- Top Amenities for Relocating Baby Boomers October 16, 2017
A new survey reveals the items on most retirees’ wish lists as they consider moving to a new home in their golden years.
- Why Single-Family Rentals Gain Market Edge October 16, 2017
It’s the fastest-growing segment in the housing market, outpacing owner-occupied single-family homes and all multifamily housing.
- California Wildfires Heat Up Housing Crunch October 16, 2017
Areas of the state affected by wildfires may have an inadequate supply of emergency housing for victims because those markets were already facing...
- Best Alternatives to Pricey Urban Meccas October 16, 2017
Realtor.com® names “metro matchups”—places comparable to big cities in many ways but whose housing prices largely remain...
- How would tax plan alter mortgage interest deduction? October 11, 2017
Analysis: A buyer paying at least $305,000 today still qualifies for the deduction, but only homes worth $801,000 or more would under latest Trump tax proposal.
- Lennar upbeat on housing market after storms October 11, 2017
The homebuilder said orders and deliveries rose in the latest quarter, and, after a short post-storm pause as the nation cleans up from recent storms, the company says that it expects that uptick in demand to continue for new homes.
- Outsized price gains for entry-level homes hurts buyers October 11, 2017
Analysis: Home prices in the lowest, most-affordable tier rose 56% over the past five years, but prices in the top, most-expensive tier are up only 33%.
- 7 real estate ideas that deserve to die October 11, 2017
Conventional wisdom dies hard, and misconceptions may drive the decisions you make about your real estate career, marketing and even office décor.
- Here's how credit scores affect your mortgage rate October 11, 2017
Buyers can't control interest rates, but they have some control over their credit score – and a good credit score can shave thousands of dollars off their loan.
- Real estate advertising? Try to keep up October 11, 2017
While agents have a lot of online advertising options, Facebook is still best. It's visited by 79% of people online compared to Twitter, which is No. 2 at 24%.
- With flood ins., what does 'substantial damage' mean? October 10, 2017
In the national flood program (NFIP), "substantial damage" means that repair costs for a home in a Special Flood Hazard Area are at least 50% of its market value.
- Hurricane victims: A recap of key IRS tax relief October 10, 2017
The Treasury issued a rundown of the tax relief benefits offered to victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Because relief postpones some tax deadlines, individuals and businesses have until Jan. 31, 2018, to file any returns and pay any taxes.
- Refinance scams target military vets October 10, 2017
Scammers convince some vets with VA loans to refinance multiple times in one year, and each refinance adds thousands of dollars to the total amount they owe.
- Justices to hear argument in states' disputes over water October 10, 2017
The Supreme Court says it will hear a decades-long dispute between Florida and Georgia over water rights.